» What information do we collect?
» How do we use your information?
» How do we protect visitor information?
» Do we use “cookies”?
» Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
» How can you opt-out, remove or modify the information you have provided to us?
What information do we collect?
- Services you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you services you’ve recently viewed.
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes, and preserving cyber security.
- We collect information from you when you register on the site, place a service order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
- When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- Like many websites, we use “cookies” to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the Do we use “cookies”? section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, use our services, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and allow us to deliver the type of content and service offerings you are most interested in.
- To allow us to better serve you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the “How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?” section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and ‘members-only’ content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place service orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term “outside parties” does not include Adelo Home Canada Inc. and Buildingcare.ca. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. This could include, but may not be limited to, analytics, marketing, payment gateways, and cloud providers.
However, we may release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify the information you have provided to us?
To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the “My Account” section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their own personal information at any time (exception: they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the “My Account” section of our site and open the “Delete Account” tab and follow the deletion process there to remove your account/profile information. Please note that all your service orders’ history will be deleted.
You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you by contacting us.
This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Please note that we may maintain information about transactions in order to service those transactions and for record-keeping.
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third-party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
Online Policy Only
Terms and Conditions
Changes to our policy
This policy was last modified on Dec 16, 2023.